The weather is well and truly heating up, and our skin is not having it.
Honestly, we’re living in fear of being mistaken for a raisin – but with help from this refreshing watermelon and basil gin and tonic from Gin Lane, we’ll be right.
Stay hydrated with this fresh cocktail.
- 5 cups ripe watermelon
- ⅓ cup of light honey
- ½ cup raw apple cider vinegar or Homemade Raw Pineapple Vinegar
- Put the watermelon in the blender and puree until liquified.
- Strain the puree through a fine mesh strainer.
- Add the honey and vinegar to the watermelon juice and stir until the honey is dissolved.
- Place in a glass container and store in the refrigerator for 1-2 days before using. The vinegar taste will disappear over time.
- Add the shrub to bubbly water for a refreshing, hydrating drink like the one pictured here.
- The Perfect Summer Watermelon Shrub will last in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- 40 mls Watermelon & Basil Infused Tanqueray Gin
- 30 mls house made spiced watermelon & basil shrub
- Top with Fever-Tree Mediterranean Tonic
- Mix the ingredients.
- Garnish with salt and pepper, a slice of watermelon, and a few leaves of basil.