Tiramisu filled Easter eggs
22 Feb 2017
With Valentine’s Day well and truly behind us, and more depressingly, the post-Valentine’s Day chocolate sales drawing to a close, it’s time to start prepping for our next excuse to stuff our faces: Easter. These tiramisu filled Easter eggs are as delicious as they sound, so delicious in fact, that we wont judge you if you make them before Easter, or after Easter… or for dinner. We understand.
- 4 x 50g hollow chocolate Easter eggs
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 125g mascarpone cheese
- 3-4 savoiardi biscuits
- 1/4 cup espresso coffee, at room temperature
- Remove the tops of the chocolate Easter eggs and set aside.
- Beat egg yolks and caster sugar together until thickened.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add the mascarpone to the egg whites and stir through until just blended. Add egg yolk mixture and fold through with a wooden spoon until just combined. Set aside.
- Cut the savoiardi biscuits into quarters and dip 4 quarters in the coffee quickly on each side then place in the base of each chocolate egg (do not leave the biscuits any longer or they will disintegrate).
- Top each biscuit with 1-2 tablespoons of the mascarpone mixture and then repeat with the remaining biscuits and mascarpone mixture until you have 3 layers of biscuit topped with mascarpone cream.
- Take the remaining chocolate egg tops and grate them over the top of each egg.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.