The Brisbane advent calendar
30 Nov 2015
We’re all counting down to Christmas come December 1st. Whether it’s in anticipation of opening presents and sitting down to a big family lunch, or because you just can’t wait until the Christmas carols that you can never get out of your head FINALLY STOP, it’s a countdown that deserves a little more pizazz than just crossing days off the calendar. Skip the cheap chocolate this year and eat your way to Christmas with 23 days of Brisbane desserts that will have you in a coma of (s)elf-indulgence!
- The Doughnut Bar | CBD | Caramel Monte Carlo dough cone. An ice cream cone made of doughnuts. Wrapped around gelato. Topped with biscuits. You need this in your life.
- Lick! Ice Cream | Graceville | Hello Chocolate. With Lick!’s chocolate ice cream sandwiched between two rich chocolate brownies and drizzled in chocolate sauce, you’ll be licking the plate clean.
- Zeus Street Greek | South Bank | Loukoumades. Honey puffs, Greek doughnuts, little balls of freaking heaven, whatever you call them, these treats are worth a pita-stop all on their own.
- Marche du Macaron | Gordon Park | Christmas macarons. Just in time for Christmas, Marche have whipped festive macarons in flavours like eggnog, candy cane and drunken fruit. Leave them out for Santa – or keep them all to yourself.
- I Heart Brownies | Fortitude Valley | Brownie ice cream sandwich. Imagine those fudgy brownies sandwiched together with vanilla ice cream – joy to us!
- Queen of Pops | Clayfield | Hot chocolate pop. When the weather outside is so hot it’s frightful, Queen of Pops frozen coffee and hot choc pops are delightful!
- Sugar Bomb | Fortitude Valley | Melting moments. These meltingly delicious bad boys are so worth dropping crumbs down your shirt, all over the car and everywhere in between.
- Nodo Donuts | Newstead | White chocolate and raspberry doughnut. Do gluten free baked doughnuts even count as a treat? They do if you have three!
- Cowch | South Bank | Naked pop. In keeping with the theme, we suggest dipping a vanilla ice cream pop into white chocolate with a sprinkle of pistachio, goji berries and white chocolate pearls.
- Jocelyn’s Provisions | Fortitude Valley | Chocolate nougat. Jocelyn’s have taken their chewy nougat and coated in creamy chocolate – ho ho holy yum!
- Passiontree Velvet | Indooroopilly & Carindale | Chocolate truffle cake. Treat yourself to seven layers of sin.
- Cakes by Judy C | Ashgrove | S’mores cake. Holy cake. Layers of chocolate brownie, chocolate chip cookie, Tim Tam ganache and marshmallow are piled with marshmallow and chocolate for a cake that Santa would be jealous of!
- Dello Mano | Teneriffe | Chocolate truffles. You know they do some of Brisbane’s best brownies, but do you know Dello Mano does rich chocolate truffles as well?
- Donut Boyz | Various | Doughnuts. They’re fluffly, delicious and they come glazed with all manner of goodness. Need we say more?
- Ze Pickle | Fortitude Valley | Oreogazm. Turns out, when you deep fry Oreos in doughnut batter and top them with ice cream, something magical happens.
- Flour & Chocolate | Morningside | Gonut. It’s the second last gonut day before Christmas! Don’t let it go by without a salted caramel gonut!
- La Macelleria | Newstead | Gelato. You could just get one scoop of cookie filled gelato, but TBH you never had a chance of being on Santa’s good list anyway – so you should get three.
- Lucid Sweets | Online | Mini pavlovas. Better put your orders in early for Lucid’s mini bubblegum pavlovas – pav a Christmas tradition after all!
- Noosa Chocolate Factory | CBD | Rocky road. You have to stop in to pick up some last minute Christmas presents anyway, right?
- Mister Fitz | Fortitude Valley | Ice cream sandwich. Freshly baked cookies and house made ice cream just like Grandma used to make – but Grandma never made sandwiches like these!
- Vanilla Pod | Ascot | Red velvet cupcakes. These cupcakes don’t need any more decoration than their luscious red velvet mousse – and they’re totally the right colour for the season!
- Merlo | Various | Chocolate coated coffee beans. Are you ready for last minute 3am Christmas shopping? You will be after a jar of these!
- Bar Pacino | CBD | Nutella shot. You made it. It’s Christmas. If you can handle any more booze after all the parties, Bar Pacino has a shot of Nutella vodka that might just put you on the naughty list.