Recipe | Za’atar Cumin Pumpkin and Pomegranate Buddha Bowl
It’s no secret that Brisbane has been bowled over by bowls. Acai, smoothie, pittaya or veggie, if it’s bright, fresh and in a bowl, we’ll line up for it - East Brisbane even just welcomed a dedicated Buddha Bowl Cafe!
But in addition to being delicious and nutritious, buddha bowls are quick and easy to put together yourself, perfect for nights in when you need to make up for those big nights out. Kat Gridley from Brisbane food blog Oats and Cheesecake has shared one of her favourites with us!
- 1/4 kent pumpkin
- 1/4 small roasted cauliflower
- Handful of rocket
- Handful of baby spinach 75g
- Bulgarian feta cheese
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp za’atar (make your own using 1 tsp dried thyme, 1 tsp sumac and 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds).
- Pumpkin seed oil
- Sprinkle za’atar and cumin over pumpkin, then roast pumpkin and cauliflower at 180C
- Toss with a handful of rocket and spinach leaves
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds
- Top with feta cheese
- Add a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil
Make vegan friendly by substituting feta for cashew cheese.