Recipe | Vegan Falafels
You know what they say - hummus where the heart is!
Add a blissful food coma to your meal plan with this recipe for Miss Bliss‘ vegan falafels.
3 cans chickpeas – rinsed well
2 cups cooked quinoa
½ bunch coriander
½ bunch parsley
¼ red onion
¼ cup tapioca flour
1-2 cloves garlic
1 lemon – juiced
¾ cups olive oil
½ tablespoons ground cumin
½ tablespoons ground turmeric
½ tablespoons ground coriander
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Pulse chickpeas in blender – just break them up, no need to turn them into a paste. Set aside
3. Blend the parsley, fresh coriander, onion, garlic, lemon, olive oil
4. In a large bowl, combine together pulsed chickpeas, blended herb mix, quinoa, spices and tapioca flour – use your hands! Get messy!
5. If you find the mix isn’t holding together – you may need to add a teeny tiny bit more tapioca flour
6. Roll falafels into ball shapes, approximately 40 grams. Place on a lined tray and gently flatted to create a patty shape
7.Bake in over for 15 min or until lightly golden There you have it!