Recipe | Slow Cooked Lamb Salad
Haloumi from the other side!
It’s BBQ season and what could be better than slow cooked lamb, grilled haloumi, black lentils and pomegranate yoghurt? From the new Wild Sage Barangaroo menu, this slow-cooked lamb salad is sure to win over the toughest critics.
- 480 grams of Striploin Lamb
- 2 tbs Moroccan Spice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Oil
- Pinch salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- ¼ Roasted Pumpkin / Sweet Potato
- 1 cup Blanched Peas and Lentils
- 240g Spinach & Mixed Greens
- 1x cucumber deseeded
- 1 x garlic clove crushed
- 1 x Lemon rind finely grated and juiced
- Pinch of salt
- 1 x 150g tub of Greek-style natural yoghurt
- Pinch Dukkah Crispy Bread
- Marinate the lamb with Moroccan spice, sugar and salt1 pepper, Virgin oil.
- Rub salt and pepper on the Pumpkin and place on a baking tray for 18 minutes for 180 degrees. Slice into 4 wedges
- Boil lentils in water
- Blanch peas
- Grate cucumber, salt, lemon rind and pepper mix with greek yoghurt mint. Refrigerate until required.
- Spread Lebanese bread lightly oiled with olive oil, sumac and sea salt place on a baking tray for 6 minutes for 160 degrees. Keep in the pantry for dips
- Cook lamb on flat grill, prefer medium rare
- Mix pumpkin, salad, lentils and peas in a bowl
- In a separate bowl tossed mixed greens and spinach leaves in a bowl with lemon vinaigrette. Top with Pumpkin/sweet potato, peas and lentils
- Finish with cooked lamb, a few tablespoons of Tzatziki Yoghurt, dukkah and crispy bread