Recipe | Roasted Grape Chia Jam & Coconut Popsicles
28 Feb 2018
Some may say summer is dead but we here at G&G are clinging to the last few balmy days and tipping our hat (and taste buds) to sunshine with these scrumptious popsicles. Grape Co in Victoria, producers of the tastiest grapes in the country, have been so kind to give us this recipe and share their secrets with our readers! So, let’s embrace the humble grape, reminisce on the summer of 17’ and enjoy these cold treats while we still can. Good luck stopping at just one…
ROASTED GRAPE CHIA JAM & COCONUT POPSICLESPrep time: 30 mins Freezing time: 5 hours or overnight Makes: 12 Ingredients
GRAPE JAM:2 ½ cups fresh grapes 1 tsp coconut oil, melted 2 tbs chia seeds 1-2 tbs maple syrup ½ tsp vanilla extract or powder
COCONUT:500g coconut yoghurt 1-2 tbs maple syrup 2 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine grapes and coconut oil together in a bowl and lightly toss to coat. Place grapes on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until grapes begin to wrinkle and split, about 15 minutes.
- Take out and place into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add grape puree to a small saucepan and add chia seeds, honey and vanilla extract. Gently bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 2 mins.
- Pour into a jar and allow to cool in the fridge.
- For the coconut part combine coconut yoghurt, maple syrup and vanilla powder in a small bowl.
- Put 1-2 tbs of the coconut mixture into each popsicle mould then top with 1-2 tbs of grape jam. Repeat until moulds are full.
- Place in the freezer and let set overnight or for at least 5 hours.