- Food & Booze
Recipe | Matcha & Pistachio Bliss Balls
13 Nov 2017
A delicious and healthy recipe from our friends at Zen Green Matcha Tea, that makes a perfect mid afternoon snack or festive gift for loved ones. Full of antioxidants and energy from the amazing superfood: matcha green tea. Matcha is known for weight loss, boosts energy, supports the heart, and fights diseases like cancer. These bliss balls have a wonderful vibrant green colour, from the pistachio and matcha – and make the perfect accompaniment to a matcha latte.
IngredientsMakes 12 Balls
- 1 tsp Zen Green Tea matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachio nuts, chopped
- In a blender, mix the cashew nuts, coconut, almond meal, coconut flour and matcha green tea powder – until you get the texture of fine crumbs.
- Add the water, rice malt syrup and melted coconut oil. Mix until everything is well combined. It should be sticky enough to hold firmly together – but not too sticky that you can’t roll it into balls. If the mixture is too sticky, add a tiny bit more coconut flour. If it’s too dry, add a touch more water.
- Roll the mixture into balls. Then, roll in the chopped pistachio nuts, pressing the nuts lightly into the balls to make them stay.
- Pop the balls in the fridge to set. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Exclusive Discount!Our friends at Zen Green Matcha Tea are offering our exclusive readers 10% off their high quality matcha green tea powder. Zen Green Matcha Tea was named the “best matcha green tea” brand on My Kitchen Rules this year. Their matcha is handpicked and sourced directly from Kyoto in Japan. To redeem 10% off your first order:
- Visit Zen Green Tea’s shop: Buy matcha green tea powder
- Add product/s to shopping cart
- Use coupon “G&G” for 10% off and free shipping
- Orders will be shipped to you