Recipe | Healthy Fried Rice
Lunch is sauté-d with delicious healthy fried rice from the Lorna Jane Active Living Program!
This combination of brown rice, kale, and eggs tastes great – and makes you feel better. Save time, money and calories with healthy fried rice, and the best part is it’s so good you won’t even remember you’re doing your body a favour. Ingredients:
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cups kale, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp vegetable/coconut oil
- 1-2 organic, free range eggs (optional)
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Cook the brown rice according to instructions, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onions, stirring until soft and translucent (4-5 minutes). Add garlic and sauté for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the kale and stir until wilted.
- Add the rice and cook for another two minutes, stirring.
- At this stage, you may choose to add 1-2 organic eggs. If so, crack two eggs into a separate bowl and then add to rice. Stirring the egg through the mixture until completely cooked.
- Add the tamari and cook for another minute. Divide into two bowls and serve.
Note: Pre-cooked rice can be found in most supermarkets and makes for an even quicker meal!