Recipe | Classic Espresso Martini
It’s time to accept that this slightly sweet, slightly bitter, frothy concoction isn’t leaving our nights out anytime soon.
With the newly released Coffee Futures Report revealing that Queenslanders are the biggest consumers of espresso martinis in the country (43% of Australia’s consumption, good job team!), we thought it fitting to share a classic recipe so you can enjoy this caffeinated creation at home:
- 30ml Tia Maria coffee liqueur
- 30ml vodka
- Double or single shot of espresso
- 5ml of simple sugar syrup
- Fill a martini glass with ice and set aside to chill.
- Pour Tia Maria, vodka and espresso into a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the rest of the shaker with ice and shake ingredients together.
- Empty the martini glass of ice.
- Pour in the contents of the shaker using a strainer and sieve into the glass.