- Food & Booze
Recipe | Beetroot Cutlet With Spinach Gravy
Are you one of those people who make faces at a plate full of veggies? Think broccoli is boring? Leek lacklustre? Potato only edible in fry form? It’s time to kale it quits with the bad attitude, pal.
This recipe for beetroot cutlet with spinach gravy will make you fall in love with veggies all over again. And they’re perfect for adding to salads, using as a vego burger patty – or eating on their own!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Beetroot Cutlet
¾ cup beetroot (boiled, peeled and grated).
½ teaspoon ‘Chaat masala’
2 tablespoons coriander (finely chopped)
¼ cup carrot (grated)
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ cup quick cooking rolled oats
Salt (to taste)
¼ teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1¾ teaspoon oil for cooking and greasing.
- Take a large bowl and add all the ingredients. Mix all ingredients well.
- You can easily make 10-12 patties of equal size from this mixture.
- Take a fry pan and grease it with ¼ teaspoon oil.
- Place 3-4 patties in the pan and cook using one 1 ½ teaspoons of oil.
- Cook each side for 3-4 minutes and then flip the patty. It will get golden brown from both sides.
For Spinach Gravy
6 cups of chopped spinach.
2 teaspoon sugar
½ cup chopped onions
1 tablespoon green chilies (roughly chopped)
2 teaspoons garlic (roughly chopped)
2 teaspoon oil
Salt (to taste)
- Take a non-stick wok and add some oil in it. Add onions and garlic to the wok and sauté both on a medium flame for a couple of minutes.
- Now, add spinach, green chilies and a cup of water into the wok and cook all the ingredients on a medium flame for five minutes. Stir the mixture occasionally in between.
- Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool completely. Then, add the mixture into the blender and make a smooth puree.
- Transfer the puree into that non-stick wok, which you have used earlier and add ¼ cup water, sugar, pepper and salt in it. Mix all things well and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring the mixture in between.
Serve beetroot cutlet with spinach gravy hot.
Recipe provided by AddOnKitchen