Recipe | Pomegranate & Campari Pannacotta
If peanut butter on a spoon for dessert just ain’t cutting it anymore, make your nights more flan-boyant with this decadent recipe, to which nothing Campari.
This intricate Pomegranate and Campari Pannacotta dessert is definitely one for the ambitious home chef – and if you’re not sure you can make this delicious treat yourself (because, let’s be real, this recipe has more steps than the Great Wall of China) no need to worry because the mastermind behind it, Catalina Rose Bay, is only one flight to Sydney away! Catalina developed this perfect pink creation in collaboration with luxury skincare label Guerlin! Get it right and it’ll almost be too pretty to eat!
350g single cream
155ml pomegranate syrup
105g Caster sugar
2 Titanium gelatine leaves
25g Tapioca pearls
250ml Boiron white peach puree
10g Isomalt sugar
1 drop of red food colouring
- Line 6 x 6cm 2cm ring moulds with cling wrap and set aside.
- For the panna cotta, soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water until softened and pliable (about 3-4 minutes).
- Warm up the cream, 50ml of pomegranate syrup and 50g of caster sugar in a saucepan. Take off the heat.
- Add gelatine, stir gently to melt completely then add the Campari and 100ml of the
- pomegranate syrup.
- Strain, pour into the lined moulds and refrigerate.
PINK TAPIOCA PEARLS
- Soak tapioca in 200ml of water for 15 minutes.
- Pour the tapioca into a medium sized saucepan and cook, stirring constantly.
- Cook until tapioca pearls are translucent.
- Take off the heat, pour into a colander, and run under cold water to wash off starch.
- Add pomegranate syrup and mix well.
WHITE PEACH SORBET
- Place 110ml of water, glucose, and 55g of sugar into a medium size saucepan.
- Place on heat and bring to the boil.
- Add white peach puree, mix thoroughly.
- Strain, cool and churn in an ice cream machine
- Toss the Isomalt sugar and red food colouring together well.
- Spread out mixture in between two pieces of greaseproof paper.
- Bake in preheated oven (180 degrees Celsius) for 15 minutes or until all the sugar has melted.
- Cool sugar tuile completely, then break into desired shapes.
- Store in airtight container until ready to use.
- Place pomegranate and Campari panna cotta in the middle of a rectangle plate.
- Place half a teaspoon of strawberry crisp pearls and tapioca on top of the panna cotta.
- Randomly place four teaspoons of tapioca pearls around the panna cotta.
- Lastly place the sugar tuile, edible flowers and pink pashmak onto of the panna cotta.
- Scoop white peach sorbet and place on the plate.