Raw chilli chocolate mousse recipe
16 Jan 2017
Eaten more kale than you even thought possible in the last few weeks and almost ready to finally give in to your sugar cravings and inhale a block of chocolate? Well before you wind up in the sugary throes of regret, try this raw chilli chocolate mousse recipe from Naked Treaties (who you can check out at The Kitchens in Robina Town Centre, btw). Bonus, it only takes an hour to prepare!
Raw chilli chocolate mousse
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 5 drops edible orange essential oil
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 mango peeled and cut (could substitute this with avocado or sweet papaya)
- 1 vanilla bean scraped or 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 ½ teaspoon celery
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 orange
- Coconut syrup
- Optional: edible flowers
- Curl zest of 1 orange and coat in coconut syrup. Dehydrate in your oven on its lowest setting for 12 hours or until candied.
- Mix all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- With a spatula, gently and evenly pour into 4 small glass bowls and place in the fridge for around 4 hours to set or freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge, dust with cacao powder and dress with orange curls and edible flowers.