Il Verde’s gluten free spaghetti con gamberetti
06 Jan 2017
Il Verde stole a pizza our hearts with their cheese wheel pasta, but for all the gluten free folk out there, there’s plenty on the menu to tempt as well. Cheesy arancini, polenta chips and the gluten free Il Verde signature, it’s all gluten free here, and best of all, every one of their saucy pasta dishes has an option for the gluten intolerant! We’re pretty besotted, but since we can’t eat out EVERY night, we got our hands on a recipe for Il Verde’s spaghetti con gamberetti, which, with a little substitution of gluten free pasta, turns into a twirl-worthy feed.
Il Verde’s Gluten free Spaghetti Con GamberettiServes 5
- 500g gluten free spaghetti
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1kg of Australian prawns
- Handful of roughly chopped Italian flat parsley
- 5 chillies
- Il Verde chilli infused olive oil
- Grated parmesan to garnish
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Splash of dry white wine
Chilli infused oil
- 1 litre olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 garlic clove quartered
- 15 birds eye chillies
To make chilli infused oil:Add all ingredients into an oil bottle or serving vessel of your choice and let rest to infuse for a minimum of 48 hours.
To make pasta:
- Devein and clean prawns, thinly slice the garlic, deseed chillies and julienne, and roughly chop the parsley.
- Bring hot water to the boil and add pasta, cook until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, pan fry prawns on a high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add garlic and chili to fry pan for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper and half the parsley onto prawns.
- Add a splash of white wine.
- Turn heat to low and add the cooked spaghetti.
- Drizzle with chilli oil.
- Serve and finish by garnishing with the remaining parsley and parmesan.