- Food & Booze
For the cooks: Nutella pie
31 Oct 2016
Nutella’s been spreading the love for a while now, but after an insane bout of food envy, we just had to have a piece of Baking a Moment’s brilliant pie-dea. Crafted with a buttery pretzel crust and filled with a no-bake cheesecake mousse set to sort your Nutella cravings for weeks, it’s both a blessing and a curse making this cheeky dessert as easy as … well, you know.
- 170g pretzels (or about 1 ½ cups finely processed crumbs)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
NUTELLA MOUSSE FILLING:
- 1 ½ cups chocolate hazelnut spread, divided
- 1 cup thickened cream, divided
- 225g cream cheese (brick), softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Chocolate sauce for garnish
- Chopped toasted hazelnuts, for garnish
METHOD (PRETZEL CRUST):
- Place all the crust ingredients in a food processor and process finely.
- Press into the bottom of an 8-inch pie plate. Set aside.
METHOD (NUTELLA MOUSSE FILLING):
- Spread ½ cup of the chocolate hazelnut spread over the bottom of the pretzel crust. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, the remaining 1 cup of chocolate hazelnut spread, powdered sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth. Slowly drizzle in the cold heavy cream, continuing to beat on medium speed. When all the cream has been added, turn the mixer up to high speed and beat for about one minute more, until the mousse is very fluffy.
- Transfer the cheesecake mousse filling to the prepared pie shell, and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, or overnight. Garnish with chocolate sauce and chopped toasted hazelnuts.