BBQ Whole Snapper with Asian Noodles
04 Apr 2017
While it’s still hot enough to be confused for summer we think it’s only natural to consume as much seafood as possible. This snapper recipe from The Fishery is perfect for lunch on a hot day; it’s light, its tasty and it doesn’t require Jamie Oliver-level cooking skills to execute perfectly, get kraken!
- 5kg whole snapper (scaled & gilled)
- 50g packet of glass noodles (soaked for 3 min in hot water, or al dente)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 stalk lemongrass (bruised)
- 2cm knob of ginger (bruised)
- 4 cloves garlic (bruised)
- 2 small red chillies
- 2 large sheets alfoil
- Grapeseed oil
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup Thai basil
- 2 cm ginger (finely sliced)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
MethodTO PREPARE SNAPPER
- Stuff cavity of fish with lemongrass, garlic, ginger, chili and noodles.
- Place fish on the 2 sheets of alfoil.
- Rub outside of fish with fish sauce and wrap foil firmly around.
- Lay fish on flat grill of the BBQ, on low to med heat for 25 mins each side.
- Allow fish to rest got 5 mins.
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Remove noodles from cooked fish and stir gently through salad ingredients
- Serve with fish.