In the mood for something light and refreshing that will make you feel like you’re on the beach with a glorious tan and a cocktail in your hand? The Fishery in Milton has given us some tips on how to cook a delicious seafood meal that doesn’t come from a box with a pirate on it, so now you can enjoy fresh, restaurant quality prawns without having to put on pants. Dreams do come true.
• 20 whole large green tiger prawns
• 6 cloves garlic
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• Juice & zest of 1 lemon
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1. Finely chop garlic and place in large bowl with olive oil, lemon juice, zest and salt.
2. Peel and devein prawns leaving tail attached, before placing in garlic marinade.
3. Heat flat grill of BBQ to medium-high heat.
4. Using tongs, place prawns on BBQ and drizzle with marinade.
5. Cook for 1-2 mins on each side, until colour changes to orange.
6. Remove prawns from BBQ grill to serving plate and sprinkle with parsley.
7. Serve immediately with bread or salad.
Your friends will think you’re a real prawn star if you choose to share these babies with them! If not, it’s okay; we think 20 prawns can act as a single serving too.