- Food & Booze
A raw peanut butter slice to go nuts for
13 Feb 2017
What’s raw, peanutty and good all over? My Food Religion’s gluten free and dairy free peanut butter slice, of course! Not only is it delicious but it’s also super simple, super quick and packed with all kind of goodies that’ll boost you from the inside it. So you’ll get way more good stuff with way less effort!
RAW PEANUT BUTTER SLICE
- 1/2 cup almonds (or your nut/seed of choice)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 15 fresh dates, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup natural coconut milk yoghurt (or full fat coconut cream)
- 1/2 cup 100% peanut butter (or other type of nut/seed butter)
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbs raw cacao
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup/honey/coconut nectar
- Blend almonds, cinnamon and dates in a food processor until it comes together like a dough.
- Remove and press into a baking-paper lined tray. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together well then pour over the base.
- Pop it in the freezer while you make the topping.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth and pour over the slice.
- Pop it all back in the freezer for two hours to set.