A freakshake recipe for the fitspos!
12 Sep 2016
The fabulous FREAKSHAKE. A literal balancing act between a glorious beverage and how many layers of awesomeness can be perched perilously on top. They are a work of art for both the eyes and the tastebuds – but unfortunately not our backsides. Such deliciousness must come with a price, and while the #foodporn fame may be worth it temporarily, the stomach ache and guilt-fuelled HIIT class that follows may not be. And so the healthy freakshake was born. Packed with protein, it makes for a fun and filling breakfast without the unnecessary sugar!
Ingredients (makes 1)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop IsoWhey vanilla pea protein
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Stevia to taste
- 1/4 cup Chobani plain Greek yogurt
- 1 healthy donut (for this either make your own spiced muffin mix and pour into a donut tin, use the Chai Breakfast Muffin mix from 12Health, or as we did, cheat and go to Nodo Donuts!)
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 2 mini Table of Plenty chocolate covered rice cakes
- 1 tablespoon Pure Harvest Coco2 cacao coconut spread
- Place the almond milk, protein, cinnamon, cardamom, cacao +/- stevia in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Spread the cacao spread along the inside of the jar, then pour in the shake.
- Balance the donut on top, cover with yogurt, cacao nibs and rice cakes. Enjoy!