3 Japanese inspired cocktail recipes from Saké
24 Feb 2016
Don’t worry about converting your AUD into yen: it turns out you can enjoy delicious Japanese cocktails from the comfort of your own home (kimonos not required). Saké Restaurant has one of the most exotic cocktail lists in town – not to mention a sake list that will take you straight to the streets of Tokyo – and they’ve generously provided us with the recipes to three of their best to get you excited for their upcoming Ice Festival on February 29! These suave recipes will make you feel like Japanese royalty, but no diplomatic responsibilities are involved here: just shake and enjoy!
- 30ml Tanqueray Gin
- 20ml yuzu sake (or limoncello)
- 10ml Noily Prat vermouth
- 20ml lemon
- 15ml vanilla syrup
- 6 large fresh basil leaves
- Small basil leaf to garnish
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Double strain.
- Garnish with small floating basil leaf.
- 45ml Suntory Kakubin Whisky
- 20ml honey umeshu
- Fee Bros Orange bitters
- Umeshu plum & twist of orange to garnish
- Stir whisky, umeshu and orange bitters over ice.
- Double strain over 1 gram sphere of ice.
- Garnish with plum and orange twist.
- 90ml yuzu sake
- 15ml Choya Kokuto Umeshu
- 15ml yuzu juice (or lemons)
- 15ml egg white
- 10ml gomme syrup
- Lemon twist, banana leaf grass, and yama momo berry to garnish
- Dry shake yuzu sake, Choya Kokuto Umeshu, yuzu juice, gomme and egg white.
- Re-shake with ice.
- Double strain into rocks glass over a few ice cubes. Place 1 gram square cube on top.
- Garnish with lemon twist, banana leaf grass, and yama momo berry.